Just a big thank you!

W

I haven't been drinking - honest! So this isn't one of them big drunken hugs and a slurpy kiss or anything. I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all the help and support I have received over the years doing my PhD. I still remember my first post - about a student bank account (good memory, see) - and my last PhD-related post about my viva experience a short while ago (that one was easy). I've watched other people come full circle on this forum, from starting to finishing their PhDs, and now it's finally me (after corrections)!
Prior to starting my PhD, I didn't realise that a forum could be so much fun and provide such an immense amount of support. I must have received advice from people concerning every aspect of my life (including my PhD) - and I'm all the better for it! Plus, forumites helped me with papers that were integral to my PhD (SBCC and Sneaks, for instance). My PhD journey, save for PG Forum, would have been an immensely lonely journey, and I doubt I'd have even finished it, without the compassion, understanding and encouragement of the people who use this forum. It's weird how the simple day-to-day posts and activities of this forum made me feel like a valued member of a little community of like-minded people.

So, without further ado (and sorry if I miss some names...):

Thanks to Keenbean, and thanks to Sneaks,
Well wishes to Eska, a salute to Teek,
There's Chrisrolinksi and dear DanB,
Not forgetting young Natassia and wise Ogriv.

From good old Goodboy to PamW,
A big fat thank you to Pjlu,
And then there's Jojo and 404,
A116 and the great Bonzo.

I remember Moonblue and that Catlinbond,
The sagacious Bilbo, clever Smilodon,
Ev's a raver, Blue has charm,
Ann was a matriarch, that Lara was warm.

I know that leaves many forumites who remained unnamed,
But to rhyme them all would tax my brain,
They know who they are, and they should rightly all be awarded 5 stars!

:-) thanks wal, although I don't think I was ever much help :$ do stay around though - I selfishly need your pragmatist brain on hand!

Aw Wally - how nice!! I'm nowhere near as eloquent as you but a big thank you from me for all your help and for the papers and books that you sent me too!! (up) Really glad the viva went so well for you - it keeps us all gong to hear stories like yours.

N

Thanks for the mention in your poem - I suppose I am quite young in terms of the forum as I first started posting in my 3rd undergrad year and now I've just started my PhD! It has been so helpful so far and I'm sure I'll need it more than ever in the next three years!

C

Squeal - I got a mention! :) Savour the glee and relish of finishing! :)

B

Thanks for my mention :) Not sure I'm always so sagacious, but I appreciate the sentiment :p

Hey Wally, thanks for me mention! And please stay... you would be sorely missed.

D

*cough*

I'm not easily offended:-s - honest!!!

I had to look up Google to find out what sagacious means and so I'm still learning from you!

Describes Bilbo to a T. I really enjoy reading Bilbo's posts as they're very helpful.