Magnetic Bracelets 'Ease Arthritis Pain'

S

I’ve been suffering from arthritis pain and found some interesting articles on magnetic therapy on the net. The article suggest that wearing a magnetic bracelet can ease pain caused by arthritis of the hips and knees, UK researchers have shown.

The current British Medical Journal study found a significant reduction in pain scores among 65 wearers.

GP Dr Tim Harlow and colleagues conducted some studies on a group of patients and results were very encouraging. Reductions in pain scores were reported by the patients wearing the standard strength bracelets. I would be interested to buy such magnetic belt or attachment. Any help would be appreciated.

A

Hello

The magnetic bracelets used in that study were: "Standard neodymium magnets set in a steel backing cup, with the open side facing the ventral wrist, creating a fluctuating magnetic pattern across the bracelet. The field strength at the wrist contact surface was 170-200 mTesla." Be careful about buying one, there are many such devices on the market and some of them are of dubious quality. You could perhaps contact the corresponding author of that study as he may be able to advise you on purchasing the bracelets used in the study:

[email protected]

M

One of my aunts uses some magnetic bracelet things to help with her arthritis and she swears by them, it worked wonderfully on her. I found the product for her from a online stores www.healthmagnets.co.uk
Hope this helps you.

H

Can you get a magnetic body suit? I want one for my grandma who goes on and on.

I do love her to bits though, she always makes me nice food