my pet newt...anybody else have odd pets?

C

I recently bought a red spotted newt and called it Linnaeus or Carl Von Linné (Swedish name). I lives in a tank on my bedside table and eats bloodworms. I've managed to stop it being quite so precious and it no longer requires being feed from tweezers and is quite happy now gulping down frozen bloodworms rather than the live sort.

Anyone else have an odd pet?

F

Nope, no odd pets. Odd husband though. hehehehe

F

Actually, I did have a budgie that lived for 11 years, everytime we turned the light in the dining room we used to shout 'light joey' to stop him having a heart attack from the shock. Oh, and my goldfish I won at a fairground 7 yrs ago is still alive and swimming.

H

A spider that lived in my wing mirror (I have a feeling it wasn't the same spider though).

one of my cats thinks he is a puppy.

(I know cats aren't odd, but the one with a split personality should qualify)

S

no, but an odd flatmate or two. does that count?

P

I had a toad when I was a kid ( as well as rabbit, hamster, gerbils, dog and cats). It was a bit like noah's ark at our house. Now it's just me & my lovely cat who I got as a kitten when I started the PhD. She is great company & listens to all my presentations.

J

I've had stupid pets. Cats that fall into the toilet, dogs that eat bees.

P

my cat likes to lay along the edge of the bath when I am having a soak. She normally nods off until I get out, but poor thing has fallen in a couple of times where it's been a bit slippery. She has also threatened an attack on her own shadow and pounced on herself in the mirror, which is wierd because I didn't think cats had that sort of awareness of their reflection. She has never caught anything proper but regularly goes for socks from the laundry, and will bring them to me or leave them on the back door mat as some other cats do with dead animals.

I guess my cat isn't too bright.

C

awwww.

I like the idea of cat but I couldn't deal with the litter tray or the fur everywhere!

J

Bloody foxes keep waking me up at night. Thinking of keeping a bucket of water by the window.

D

I have one of these:

http://cornishrexkittens.com/bellissima.jpg

and one of these:

http://www.animalinelmondo.com/images/gatto/devon%20rex.jpg

Weird enough???? They are called Bizzy and Boo (full names Rastacat Isabella and Kimdale Isitcoziisblack)

J

Those are some ears!

I

i do the whole rock thing and when i was younger (much younger) i guess image mattered so - being the rebel - i got a menagerie of strange pets, from various snakes to a praying mantis and a tropical millipede. now i don't believe in keeping those pets, so i don't! and i'm not a teenager any more so image out of window