Please can someone help settle this for me?

W

Right, I've been a PhD student for nearly a year (might not be for any longer after my interim assessment), but I'm still puzzling over something that has been bugging me for over two years now. Who is better: Quincy (M.E.) or Dr Sloan (of diagnosis murder fame). Assuming that they are both superior to Monk. As Harry Hill says: 'There's only one way to find out...'

P.s. Please view this as a serious post...:$

T

Quincy would def win in a fight cos I reckon he'd fight dirty. He's a bit of a womaniser so has probably had some scrapes with jealous husbands.. plus he's always in the pub so has had some drunken bar fights in his time.. Sloan would probably have clumsy punches and then rely on Steve to scrape him up off the floor.

W

Hehe, I completely agree. Quincy has dealt with all sorts of villains, viral outbreaks, hijacked planes and he's a hard drinker and womaniser too. Dr Sloan is just dead dopey, you expect him to start singing and dancing any minute and he's a nepotist. If I went for a job at the hospital where he works, I'd probably lose out due to him hiring one of the millions of members he has in his family. I'll never forgive van Dyke anyway for his accent in Mary Poppins... '

Bloimey Mooray Poppuns!'

W

Hehe, I completely agree. Quincy has dealt with all sorts of villains, viral outbreaks, hijacked planes and he's a hard drinker and womaniser too. Dr Sloan is just dead dopey, you expect him to start singing and dancing any minute and he's a nepotist. If I went for a job at the hospital where he works, I'd probably lose out due to him hiring one of the millions of members he has in his family. I'll never forgive van Dyke anyway for his accent in Mary Poppins... '

Bloimey Mooray Poppuns!'

W

Bloimey Mooray Poppuns!'

W

Don't know why my reply has been posted so many times! Sorry

R

I prefer Quincy, I like the opening sequence when all the big policemen faint in horror when the sheet is tweaked off the supposed corpse, but not Quincy. It's so quaint in the way it shows dead bodies, compared with all the high-tech blood and guts of CSI forensic investigation. Clever too - they only had hair colour and blood type for clues in those days, before all that DNA malarkey. Plus there's some interesting 70s period styling, obviously. I'd never really noticed his womanising though!

The trouble with old Dr Sloan is the comedy element gets annoying sometimes, he really does break into songs and tap dances about when he gets the chance, he'll always be the Mary Poppins character to me. But I like him anyway!

I do love Ironside and the older 70s Columbos too, good period styling and clothes, plus Columbo often has interesting guest actors playing evil murderers, like Johnny Cash and Leonard Nimoy and even Dick van Dyke once, probably the only time he played a swine!!! Actually, I watch any TV detective programmes, sorry - the poll's not big enough!

W

You're right, actually. The poll isn't big enough. How could I neglect Ironside, Columbo and Perry Mason? I think Peter Falk is ace. I wanted it to be to be Quicy (M.E.) and Dr Sloan because they're both in a similar-ish line of work - and it, kind of, have an objective once-and-for-all answer now. If the issue ever comes up in a pub (after many, many drinks) I'll be able to say...'Actually a recent internet-based survey of at least a couple of hundred highly intelligent people on a highly regarded and popular site revealed that Quincy (M.E.) is 100 % (probably by the end of this survey) than Dr. Sloan'. :-)

W

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

You're right, actually. The poll isn't big enough. How could I neglect Ironside, Columbo and Perry Mason? I think Peter Falk is ace. I wanted it to be to be Quicy (M.E.) and Dr Sloan because they're both in a similar-ish line of work - and it, kind of, have an objective once-and-for-all answer now. If the issue ever comes up in a pub (after many, many drinks) I'll be able to say...'Actually a recent internet-based survey of at least a couple of hundred highly intelligent people on a highly regarded and popular site revealed that Quincy (M.E.) is 100 % (probably by the end of this survey) than Dr. Sloan'. :-)

Oops, couple of typos there. Should have written '100% better' too.:$

S

Is Dr. Sloane the guy who appears in every episode so be the modest master of everything from race car driving to ice skating? Definitely think Quincy would win. Add Jessica Fletcher from murder she wrote though, and who knows what would happen? Its very suspicious that wherever she goes, people she knows, die! And she then comes up with the theory. Dodgy!:p

R

And she has an unfeasibly large number of nephews and nieces in practically every part of the USA, plus one dead husband and no other relations that I've ever noticed, so I can't work out how all that's possible.

T

I think there was something a bit dodgy with the dead husband.. I reckon she was having a bit of Quincy ME and the husband found out so they got him out of the picture and covered it up..