sigh...time for haircut

C

I was reliably informed by a friend today that my hair now resembles a mullet. So it is time for a cut. I want hair that reaches my jawline - is this so much to ask for? Clearly - my hair stubbonly refuses to grow evenly - hence the mullet look. Off to the hairdressers...

I just want curly pre-raphaelite hair *sobs*

I

we always want what we can't have - i can't have short styles since my waves give me numerous 'S' shapes at the back - no matter how ruthless i am with the straighteners. it's bad... i learned the hard way... i'll stick to locks

K

Go to a good hairdresser and he will cut it in a way that will allow it to grow properly, and you'll probably need to get a trim every 6-8 weeks to encourage it to grow. (I spent a loooonnnngg time growing my short hair into verrrrryyyyy long hair)

Obviously, on a stipend pretty difficult. What about a wig?!

C

Well - tis been cut. It looks a lot better - though it will be better after a wash and air dry. Hmm it was a budget cut so not bad all things considered.

A wig!? What!!!!

I am envious of anybody with curly, wavy hair...

K

I have curly, wavy hair....and a very expensive pair of hair straightners. We always want what we don't have *sigh*

J

Try a ponytail till the hair is all one length (unless you've got Spock-ears like me).

I

i like the sound of spock ears - elfin and cute

H

My hair is neither straight nor wavy, I think I would prefer it to be wavy. I've had my hair straightened once by the hairdresser and I hated it (so did hubby). Whenever I go to an indian event I see all these clones (including my cousins) swishing their straight hair about and I think they look silly. I know I look like a tramp thought

Whats the obsession with straight hair....? (confused smiley)

J

I agree H, I had my hair straightened for a photograph once and I looked like a bloke in drag. A bit of wave and body is much more flattering.

P

god less GHDs thats what i say...!

S

Since I am also interested in having a haircut soon, does anyone know any good hairdressers in Cambridge?

P

not tony and guy.. never go to tony and guy in cambridge they are rude and dont listen! there is a good one in the grafton centre.. i know its a chain but they always been good to me.

S

Thanks, good to know! When you say the one in Graftons centre, you mean the one that sells professional type shampoos, masks etc? Is it really good?

P

yup i think its called essentials or something? they sell lots of products looks like a shop from the front. they were good when i went actually gave me the cut i wanted not like T and G when you get choppy and fringe! plus they didnt try sell me a load of stuff as well. quite reasonably priced too.

P

Is it possible to have proper feelings for someone with bad hair?
I have a crush on a colleague and then his hair goes and spoils it. It's awful, approaching a mullet.