The Airing of Grievances…

R

If forumites have suggestions of how to improve the forum, or things that annoy them (I know I do) please use this thread to let us know! We’ll be taking your ideas on board.

Thanks in advance.

Reenie (Moderator)

S

Just the volume of spam. I try to highlight it when I see it with the abuse button, but there is often quite a lot of spam. I have no idea how you might sort this though...

H

Quote From screamingaddabs:

Just the volume of spam. I try to highlight it when I see it with the abuse button, but there is often quite a lot of spam. I have no idea how you might sort this though...

Some boards have a delayed registration system so that you register but cannot post until your registration is approved. This might prevent some spammers as IP checks can be made to check if someone's a known spammer, or at least delay them posting till daylight hours when they can be more easily dealt with if they do start spamming.

On the subject of the 'abuse' button - it's a funny way to label it. When I hit it I'm half expecting it to auto generate an insult to the OP ;)

D

Hi Reenie,

I don't use the forum much anymore but it would be good if the word count was increased as sometimes posts are cut off mid-flow. This also applies to PMs. It can be annoying.

On another note, I never did get my five stars ;)

R

Thank you! Delta, I totally agree about cutting long posts - very irritating! I didn't realise that it applied to PMs too.

And Hazyjane and Screamingaddabs - the volume of spam is a real pain. We're discussing diferent ways to tackle this, but we don't want to stop a first time poster who is perhaps feeling very upset and needing advice asap. It's something for us to think about anyway.

Perhaps an auto generated insult button could be useful! ;)

Keep em coming.

H

Quote From reenie:

And Hazyjane and Screamingaddabs - the volume of spam is a real pain. We're discussing diferent ways to tackle this, but we don't want to stop a first time poster who is perhaps feeling very upset and needing advice asap.

Fair point. What about some kind of 'flood control'? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_control_%28communications%29

R

======= Date Modified 04 Sep 2012 15:53:58 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
That's great, thanks! I'm reading into it now...

D

======= Date Modified 05 Sep 2012 18:21:59 =======
A chat area could be useful for quick questions, but I don't know what that would entail on your part.

And...

A Site Wide Sticky Thread just for viva prep tips?

R

Thanks Dalmation, adding these to the list...