Trick or Treat!

A

Anyone else been visited by hoards of ghoulies and ghosties and long-legged beasties urgently requiring copious quantities of confectionary? I've totally run out of fun size Crunchies (which is a shame as I was hoping there would be a few left over!)!

M

I live at the bottom of a great big hill - one way street down, only one set made it down, bummer, I was ready too

A

Last year I had hardly any children calling so this year I didn't buy so many sweets and inevitably, had about 20 visitors - including a surprising number of teenagers??!

Shame about your lack of callers but I guess you can console yourself by eating the sweets yourself?

G

Has anyone noticed the conspicuous lack of any mention of Guy Fawkes in the media these days? He seems to have been more or less usurped by the phrase ‘Bonfire night’. I wonder if it’s another New Labour invention. Perhaps they aren't keen on the connotations.

P

I went out and bought 2 bags of sweets & choccie coins & snow men ( bit early I know, but Asda's finest were a bargin). Anyway not one single knock at the door last night & this was after listening to a report on R4 about the increase of trick or treaters and police having to lay on more staff.
My boyf and I happily tucked into a whole bag of sweets last night as a result.

Actually Golfpro - you're right about Guy Fawkes - thats wierd isn't it, but not sure it's to do with Labour policy?!!!

Has anyone ever been to Lewis bonfire on the South Coast?

S

We went out last night to avoid all trick or treaters!