What do the stars mean?

S

I appear to score 2 out of 5 on some sort of criteria. Usefulness? Quality of advice? Number of irrelevant posts? What do I need to do to get to 3 stars?

H

More of the same?

R

Well I don't get any apparently! Could it be something to do with post frequency? Or total number of posts??? You both have over 2000 posts and 2 stars - just coincidence???

S

I think they're teasing us. H has over 3000 posts so should definitely get more stars than me (if that's the criteria). That said, a large proportion of my 2000 plus posts might be described as "off topic", so to speak. I'm confuzzled.

O

The people with stars do not seem to match the same list as post frequency....why would there be two lists to measure the same thing? I am very confused trying to navigate the new forum, but I am sure within a few days it will seem like oldhat. I score 1 star...but why?!

A

Its a secret :p

A

Its a secret :p

S

Hmmm........ (holds chin, ponderously)

A

I'm sure you can figure it out sylvester 8-)

H

Well last night everyone had a "helpful user" button on each post, I'm guessing its something to do with that?

S

Ah I get it, I have to become a Moderator to get 5 stars. Doh, silly me.

O

So...moderators have five stars, but how did other people get stars? Was it a moderator vote? What do the stars mean?! They are "there" so they must have some signficance and not just be random??!!! Ahhhh...this is very distracting to my concentration on my thesis work, pondering the meaning of these stars!!!! Can't someone please answer so I can carry on with a productive day??!!! PUHLEAASSEEEE the mystery is driving me to distraction.

S

People study for years to understand the stars!
Not all moderators have 5 stars!
but some of like to earn them.

S

So if I "went" to Belford University, became Professor Sylvester (for a small fee), I could have 5 stars???

S

Just posting to see how many stars I have!! ...Likeing the charachter countdown and word count at the bottom!!