When is best?

======= Date Modified 30 25 2008 12:25:44 =======
Further to SillyBilly's suggestion, here is a new poll to decide 'when' to meet (in London).

R

======= Date Modified 30 Sep 2008 12:56:09 =======
How can you tell whether it's 100% of one person, or 100% of several people who've voted?

T

If a week day I'd suggest late afternoon...

S

Quote From thecoastman:

If a week day I'd suggest late afternoon...

Yes, this is a good idea- gives people time to travel!

T

I was thinking more so I could get a bit of work done first... :$

R

I was thinking, maybe when this poll has been up for a bit longer, we could do another (if you're not sick of them by then!) with a selection of definite dates that covers the preferred days for different people? Maybe spread over a month from late Oct through November, eg a different day on different consecutive weeks, a Thursday, a Friday and a couple of Saturdays so there's a bit of choice, depending on what the results of this one are.

Any thoughts 404, as you're the current pollster...? I don't want to tread on your virtual toes though! Or any other suggestions, anybody? :-)

S

======= Date Modified 02 Oct 2008 16:15:13 =======

Quote From rubyw:

I was thinking, maybe when this poll has been up for a bit longer, we could do another (if you're not sick of them by then!) with a selection of definite dates that covers the preferred days for different people? Maybe spread over a month from late Oct through November, eg a different day on different consecutive weeks, a Thursday, a Friday and a couple of Saturdays so there's a bit of choice, depending on what the results of this one are.

Any thoughts 404, as you're the current pollster...? I don't want to tread on your virtual toes though! Or any other suggestions, anybody? :-)

No that sounds like a great idea, (up) I am definalty up for a london meet as I think Sheffield would be too far for me....but I would go to both if I could !

Hi everyone. Just got back from a short break (nothing fancy but no computers... never thought that could be possible). I hope you're all well.

Are you all on the facebook group? It's just that we might need to make this a bit less-virtual in order to meet I think... Unless everyone is ok to just set a date and time here and see if anyone real will turn up :-)

R

I'm afraid I don't like facebook, so am not on it - will that be a huge problem? There's always the PM thing on here too, I guess...

hey Rubyw, you're right, we can always PM. I'm sure we can work something out :-)

So exciting... It'll be strange but nice to meet.

T

Looking forward to it!

R

I've never done anything like this before, and I was wondering whether it's usual to arrange the finer details of this sort of thing publicly, or what do people normally do?

I can't imagine that there are a bunch of internet stalker-weirdos planning to come unannounced, but sometimes I stop and think about how much personal stuff people put online and I wonder what the balance is between being naive, sensible and paranoid. Or maybe it doesn't really matter with things like this. Do you ever think about things like that, or is it an unexpected side-effect of my freshly-caught cold ;-)

Hmmm there has to be a way to make this less public. Some of us used to talk on msn last year with newly created user names. But then again, that's not any safer as we all gave the user IDs on here. Facebook seems to be the safest option for creating a private group closed to public. We can then PM others who do not have access to facebook?

Get well soon Rubyw. (up)

T

Good thinking Batman.

:-)