Which MSc is best to take

M

======= Date Modified 18 May 2011 21:29:16 =======
I hold an undergraduate four-year MEng degree in Engineering. I now have five offers to Study for a MSc in Advanced Computer Science(Artificial intelligence) at Uni of Manchester, another one is MSc in Modern Applications of Mathematics at Uni of Bath, and two MSc in Astrophysics at Uni College London and Kings College London.

I need advise first on which course to accept. Which course would rank better in terms of career opportunities, which course do you think is most challenging, and which University is much more worth going to. Finally which career do you think is cooler - physicist, mathematician or engineer? I really need you opinions. Thank you.

S

Do they pay you or are they self funded programmes?

M

they are self funded programme so I will have to meet the costs myself

D

I wouldn't select on the basis of which career I think is 'cooler' rather I would try to research which one has the potential to open the most doors in terms of employment. It's important you enjoy your course as well though.

S

You have no idea what you can enjoy or not, until you start a programme. Unless you really dislike something, any field will open you opportunities. Your committment is what is needed.