Which student bank account do you use?

A

I am currently attempting to set up a student bank account and have no idea . I really need to know which one is batter for me for International Student Account .I am so confused.

A

I don't have time to go through and search for you but things to look out for are:

1. Interest free overdraft
2. Overdraft that gives you a year to pay it off after graduation before being charged interest
3. Whoever is giving the best freebies (some banks give free travel insurance for 3 years, or student railcard for 3 years)
4. AVOID CREDIT CARDS (In fact I would say do NOT get an account with a credit card), the temptation is too high and the possibility of paying a credit card off as a student is low, so do not fall into that trap.

In my experience HSBC do a very good student account, but after I graduated my experience with them was not so good so I have since switched to another bank.

The main UK banks are HSBC, Santander, Halifax, Lloyds and Barclays. They should all have web pages explaining their accounts. I would make a spreadsheet to compare the offers and go from there!