Why did H leave?

P

I apologise to BurgerKing in advance in case I am wrong, but I have a suspicion that BurgerKing and DanB are one and the same.

My evidence: the cheeky comment that he wanted to see footage of DJW's unfortunate lesbian attack (very DanB), and the comment that we need not worry about DanB is gone because we have BK now.

Hmmmm....Detective Piglet reporting for duty.

T

Um, well I'm still around a bit, so hi Piglet! It's just that the coast has needed a lot of defending over the last few weeks...

B

Piglet, although you may be disappointed to know that BurgerKing is not DanB in disguise, you will obviously be comforted by the fact that I support the environmental advantages of mooncups, even if I think they're NASTY pieces of work.

P

Sorry, BK. I thought I was on to something there. I will hang up my detectives badge now and go back to being a lowly scientist.

P

Hi coastman! I would be very sad if you did not hang around anymore.

S

Is anyone speaking to him via his hotmail account?

P

Who? Coastman? I would like Coastman's hotmail address.

T

Don't worry, you're my favourite lil' piggy so I'll still be here from time to time, though I must admit that gone are the days when I was checking this place every two minutes. Sigh, good times...

Um, my hotmail I think was coastmanpostgradforum @ hotmail.co.uk though I can't quite remember

T

Ello.. Well I stopped coming on here for a while as things were getting a tad unfriendly and at the same time I was moving to start my PhD and things have been rather hectic while I have been settling in so I have not had much chance to get online.. Hope everyone is doing well

Hi Piglet. I hope you had a nice holiday. I got back last week to the forum; since then I've been reading some of the threads but to be honest I can also see the difference; it's not much fun these days. The forum is now full of simple questions from new starters; they don't even bother searching the forum before asking these questions. It's only been couple of weeks since they've started their PhDs but they moan and complain about silly things...

P

Hello again 404 and Tricky! You are right, it is not the same on here as it was when I first started visiting, but it is inevitable that things will change over time. I have to admit I miss DanB, sylvester, non-PC Stu, and H (who is a girl and a scientist who used to post on here regularly, HangSeng).

Good luck with your first year, Tricky, hope you have settled in already.
My holiday was great thanks 404 - went to my hometown for my brothers wedding.
Hope to read you both around here in future.

P

Sorry, HS, please don't apologise. I was not offended, I was just letting you know who H is. Didn't mean to sound snippy at all.

S

Hi DanB (gone but not forgotten...)

R

DanB was more than a regular. He practically lived on the forum (if thats possible). It was like a newspaper and he was the writer/editor etc of everything. Why, he even had a agony aunt section for a short while. Basically he was posting on here every five mins, and most of it was old threads or crazy (though amusing) posts about mooncups etc.

Sadly he had a bit of a breakdown (I think he realised his Belford degree was not worth as much as he thought) and is currently in rehab getting the help he so sorley needs (well, not really, I think he just wants to start his PhD (though I think he is only one year in, so what is the rush? A bit to keen methinks!))

S

HangSeng, I'm suspicious about you. Don't want to point the finger or scare you off but... I think you've done fake bad English on only two of the threads you posted on (this one and 'last to post on this thread wins'), and there were lots of others. I think you're one of our old friends...