A bit of help, if possible

M

Hi everyone. I am having a lot of trouble trying to get an article: Demuro et al, (2012) Successful implementation of cognitive interviews in special populations. Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, 12(2): 181 - 187. I have access to this journal at my university, but there is a one year embargo on the latest year, which is really frustrating and isn't helping me complete my methods chapter.

Would it be okay to ask if anyone can have a brief look and see if they have access, if you have the time? Would really appreciate the help.

Thank you very much :-)

Hi Marybell - I think your library should be able to request the article via Inter Library Loan - even though it is embargoed.

P.

S

Sorry, no luck here. Anyone else??

M

Thank you for trying Skig. I'll see if anyone else can help (fingers crossed) and ask in my university about ordering a paper. Everything can be so frustrating at times.

xx

M

Hi Marybell

If I get stuck tracking down a paper I often simply email the author, explain why I'm interested in reading their paper and that I can't get a hold of it at my end, and would they mind sharing the pdf with me. 99% of the time they reply swiftly, pdf in tow. This is great because:

1. I get the article I desperately want
2. Someone relevant to my research now knows that I exist and what I do (and you never know when that might come in handy)
3. I save myself some pennies not having to use the Interlibrary Loan service

Give it a try! There's not really any reason for anyone not to help other than laziness or disinterest in replying, because at the end of the day they have published their research to be used by others and if you specifically ask for it then there's a good chance they might get a citation out of it, so it's in their own interest to help. Good luck!

A

Good advice from Miss Piggy there.

I can see that journal in three separate databases, all of which have an embargo on the latest year.

C

Hi Marybell, could you please PM me your email id? I have got the article.