A follow up from "PhD probation"

P

Please read my "PhD probation" post to get the full gist of the whole situation, a brief background story is given at the end of this update just in case...

As of August 2012

Status Quo: Head down, chin up and all the amazing contributions from the forum have paid off!! All paper work changed when I pointed out the 3 month FT probation clause on the PhD handbook. Probation was reduced to 3 months. I also asked for clarifications as to the points listed on the probation and they altered them because I have already met some of the requirements. So the probation letter was altered three times with the last alteration a month to the end of the stated time of probation. 3 months after fulfilling what was required, no comments on submitted drafts, no replies to emails and no acknowledgement of reciept. I recently contacted my PG Dept to clarify my status...
Discovery:
1. Sups have not gone through my drafts
2. As of last week, only 14 pages of sumbitted 9 chapters (of at least 26 page per chapter) have been read by first sup only.
3. I am off probation status
The confusing part:
How can they decide to take me off probation when they have not gone through my work?

This discussion is open to you forumites please contribute

:-(

The background story...
In my university, PhD students are required to submit a yearly progress report (to monitor up to date PhD progress). In addition to the yearly report is a quarterly progress report where tasks are set by the sups for the student to achieve within a three to four month period. In my case, I had met all my targets which did not include the yearly report because it was not due in until 6 months after the last supervision I had.
However, nearing the due date of my yearly report, I sent a copy (via e-mail) to my sups in the summer so I could get their feedback and work on the report. they did not get back to me and I didn't have any supervision for three months. So after submitting my yearly report to my dept (which would have been assessed by a PG tutor and a head of Dept. My main sup called for a supervision meeting where we would have to agree on the tasks for the next few months. In this form, I would have to state whether or not I had received enough supervision in the last three months. I had ticked 'no' because I hadn't received any supervision in the last three month. My sup had ticked unsatisfactory, progress. He explained that I would have to resubmit my report to them (sups) instead of the dept. I did. Report was accepted without further amendment.
We had another supervision where he stated that I would have to submit two good chapters of my work by last week. I did. I went in today for supervision and feedback, but sups said they have to put me on probation starting Jan-Jun 2012. This is why I'm confused and want to hear from people who have been through this sort of situation. What does this mean? End of the road? I hope not!]

R

======= Date Modified 15 Aug 2012 10:43:40 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
I hope someone can offer you some advice Phdstruck.