a hairy matter

O

I can stand it no longer---deep breath---am off to get my hair cut by a new person in a foreign land....I have put it off as long as possible....

S

Ever tried dredlocks?

Soza

G

You could be in far worse places. I once went to get my hair cut in a French village and was offered 'one style' (something akin to a foreign legionaries). The barber informed me with anything longer I could easily get mistaken for a homosexual. Don't you just love the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

C

lol golpro.

sozaboy, i think i will look hideous in dreads!

H

Who doesn't look awful in dredlocks.

I always think they make the person look dirty and stinky even if they are very clean!

C

I strongly agree

O

Dreadlocks were what I was going to have if I did not get my hair cut immediately! I am sure there will be women who can relate to this--you wake up and you HAVE TO HAVE YOUR HAIR CUT THAT DAY OR THE WORLD WILL END. It was that sort of day! I have to say I am very pleased with the result!!!!

O

Actually, I think dreadlocks can look very sexy. Bob Marley had the best set of dreads, and there is one particular clip of him coming on stage to do "No Woman No Cry" in slow motion, his dreads swinging behind him, and his dreads look good! The Counting Crows lead singer had dreads for awhile, didn't he? Also very good dreads.

That said, I think there are also some awful dreads....and considering that they were supposed to be the sign of a particular religious affiliation, is it OK to have mainstreamed this?

C

Golfpro! I totally relate. My barber does a decent cut, but when I always tell him I want my hair left long with curls in it, he looks with derision. And gives this expression *you are the most effete thing on the plant*

C

planet

M

olivia this seems to be your hanging out area, focu on PHD please, your community counts on you!!!

O

Mellib, I think that your continued personal comments are bang out of order, and I am due an apology immediately.

H

I agree olivia, your community needs you: the PhD forum will not be the same without you!

B

Olivia, I also had one of those hair days yesterday and rang to get it cut. It's driving me mad, going to have it all chopped off as all I do is tie it back with a pen! Although I have to wait till next week (funds ) I am looking forward to having a coffee made for me and reading through a trashy mag and not have to take notes.

Wahoo some normality!