A happy thread!

A

It appears that there is light at the end of the tunnel after all! I feel like a bit of an absent member of the forum at present, everything is completely mental, but I am treating myself to a night off, and wanted to say hello to my friends (I do keep in touch with how you're getting on, just being abit inactive :()!

Ok, i'm a bit happy and according to some workmates, goofy, this week, as I have just finished Chapter 4! The mammouth chapters are done, and I have one more to go and the final discussion, before compilation, ending, freedom and happiness! I'm sure its going to be a horrid few months of sleepless nights etc, but for some reason this week I have seen the light, i've realised that it IS going to end after all, and i'm actually feeling proud of myself for almost the first time in my life!

Sorry for the ramble (possibly a little bit drunk!), I just wanted to encourage everyone and remind us all that this isn't forever, and our hard work will all be worth it!

Over and Out!
The Crazy Alpaca Woman!

:p

C

Congrats on finishing the chapter :)

W

I'm mildly excited because I'm going to watch the new A Team movie in about 10 mins. I'm slightly apprehensive at the same time because the original BA Baracus doesn't like it because people get killed in it. I'll post my move review tomorrow.

S

Yay :-) its always good to hear that there might be light at the end of the tunnel lol and even better to see someone merry - wish I could join you but have nothing in the house ;-) freedom and happiness sound soooooo good...... I almost wish I was in completion and not still a second year lol, you make it sound such fun!!

A

Thanks folks, and Wal, hope the movie is good! I love the A Team! :) I have a hen weekend tomorrow and am going go-karting, I can NOT wait!

Stressed, you'll get there, i've had awful time, bad lab, bad sup, bad personal sh*t, but there is light, there WILL be light! not really fun, but its like that feeling you get when you're out in the hills and you can see the top of the mountain!

Keep smiling people (oh i should put the rum and smokes down)

AL
p.s. I promise myself to quit smoking as soon as this is over (if not before), i'm trying for couple a day at mo :$

M

Well done! I hope to be in a position to write a happy thread some day too...

Nice to know that you're making such good progress despite everything. (up)

xx

M

Hi from a happy Mog. I had my first poster abstract accepted & I'm off tomorrow to my first big conference to stand next to the poster & hope a few people come up to say hello. I'm excited & happy, so I thought I'd share the feeling!!
Hope the A Team lived up to expectations.
Mog :-)

W

I won £10 on the National Lottery. However, this happy news is counterbalanced by the fact that I have gained such in weight over the past week.

A

Well done Mog, that's great news!! Hope you have an awesome time! oooh, £10, love it! :)

Well, i'm not feeling quite so happy today, possibly due to an evil hangover following the hen weekend. I'm way too old to stay out raving until 5am! :-s

However, I have managed to finish my M&M and get my results into document with legends etc! so not all lost.

Keep smiling folks, AL x

J

I'm impressed you've managed to get so much done and with a hangover! My hangover days are long behind me (I can't even manage to consume enought alcohol these days to get a hangover)

A

Thank you Jepsonclough! it's happened in very slow stages all day! M&M just required some searching for info on consumables etc. and results were put together in parts, just needed to tidy graph, copy into word and add legends! It really doesn't feel like i've managed much at all, but thank you for saying that, I feel much better about it now! :)

I think i should stop drinking......too many weddings over next two months, could result in very low productivity and failure of phd? (sprout)

N

Sounds like a wonderful feeling AL - I'm really pleased for you! I love happy weeks like that, but they are a bit few and far between at the moment! I was a bit like that last week as I've just finished the taught part of my Masters, but after a few days I realised that I still have my dissertation to do, which I am going to enjoy, then onto my PhD!

Have a lovely week, enjoy it, Nxx