A reason to delay submission

S

I have been slowly progressing in writing my thesis. Consequently, I need to postpone the thesis submission date. However, my main reason for the delay is because of my responsibilities as a mother of two children. Is it (being a mother) a solid reason that would convince the members of the Committee to approve the extension of time for me??

S

Hi there, same situation with me. I was going for a dec submission but now its more like before April next year. These dates are just rough deadline me & sup. agreed so there is no real problem for me. Although I don't want to delay the submission but just changing it according to my writing progress. right now I'm abt 3 months behind on my planned finished date. But things happen and kids are so unpredictable (being sick :-(

I would assume that personal responsibilties  i.e.family issues do count as they are a part of you and whatever slows your writing need to be carefully considered by team.

What are your super saying abt this. Are these dates very rigid? Have you gone beyond your registration period? What ever the reason you put in, your super might need to fully support you to get through this :-)

S

Thank you for your reply. I haven't gone beyond my registration date yet, but I know I will need more time in order to finish the writing. thanks again