about PhD confirmation paper

H

Do anyone know whether the PhD confirmation proposal word limit including "references and appendices" or not? please help. because even my supervisors are not sure about it.X0

thanks guys

T

I imagine it's not standardised and varies by institution. Can you contact someone at the graduate office?

C

We don't have to write a confirmation paper at my university, so I think TreeofLife is right and it varies by institution. There may not even be a standard guide at the uni - lots of these things are variable in my experience!

H

Thanks guys, but not in my uni. we can't find anything about that. .i have asked many people already. They gave me different answers. even my supervisors are not sure about it. x0

C

In that case, you probably need to go with what your supervisors think is most likely. It may just be one of those things that no-one has written a guideline about. In my own experience of submitting work (but not this type of document), I have never seen references or appendices included in a word count.

H

Quote From chickpea:
In that case, you probably need to go with what your supervisors think is most likely. It may just be one of those things that no-one has written a guideline about. In my own experience of submitting work (but not this type of document), I have never seen references or appendices included in a word count.

me too. Thank you =)