about submitting and viva date

B

Today I have a talk with my supervisor. Initially, he plans to hold a viva in Feb 2013. The I tell him my visa expires in Jan 2013. Then he gives me a choice to hold the viva in Dec 2012, and need to submit the thesis in Oct 2012. However, he says that will result in more correction work after viva if submitting in Oct 2012.
I have modified the thesis about three times with the supervisor's comments.
Could anyone give some advise? How can I understand his meaning about more correction if submitting in advance?

Thanks a lot.:-s

L

Hi Bellagg,

I think what your supervisor means is that you will probably pass if you submit in October, but that you might walk away with a different outcome i.e. more corrections post viva than you would if you had more time to work on it. I don't think what he's said is bad, it's usual to get "corrections" post viva - a viva outcome is likely to be pass with minor corrections, pass with major corrections, revise and resubmit or fail.

It's extremely rare for someone to get no corrections post viva, it might help if you read your university's guidelines on viva and viva outcomes.

I hope that's helped, good luck with submission!

B

Thanks for your reply, Lindalou.
In these days, I am very worried about the thesis. Hope I can pass viva with minor correction. Major modification seems too long for me, now I have to work more hard on my thesis.
Really thanks for your words. That gives me more confidence in next days.
Bless! :$