Accepting/rejecting offers


Hi everyone.

I'm currently applying for PhDs, and was wondering what you all thought of this. If someone applies for a PhD, and is made an offer which they accept, is it then acceptable for them to accept another PhD offer at a later date, and reject the original offer, even though they'd be going back on their word?

I don't know what the "etiquette" of this is, but I can't decide what I'd do in this situation...


Don't think you should accept an offer if you're not going to take it. The offer will still stand, tell them you are still waiting to hear back from other places.