advisor bailing at the last 2 chapters of the dissertation

S

My advisor at the beginning was supportive. Then, she became overly critical, inconsistent with her advice-even avoiding wanting to talk to me. Chapters 1-4 she emailed back for a billion revisions and I did them and polished it. Well, now I have been working on my grounded theory and am planning on getting chapters 5-6 done in the next 2 months. I think I'm almost done with 5. I haven't sent her sections of chapter 5 (my grounded theory) b/c when i did that with other chapters she couldn't see the forest through the trees.

Anyway, she now tells me she will be out of the office alot in the next 2 months. I emailed her whether we could still correspond and how worried that made me with respect to our correspondence and she said, "probably not" She didn't say we'll work it out. Nothing. I'm worried about finishing this.

She won't let me send it to other committee members until its done and polished with her. Although I think I am going to send it to them anyway. I'm so stressed out. There are no words. Do i fire her? I'm supposed to defend in November. What do I do? I feel like she wants to sabotage my finishing this. It has taken almost 8 years. I'm so tired. I feel like giving up but I know I can't. Please, any words of wisdom on this anyone. I'm new here so I really don't know how this works but I need any kind of advice. Warmest, SoulStar.

E

Can anyone give soulstar any advice?

B