After graduation

W

I graduated in August and have been looking for jobs. After PhD graduation, I can only get a full-time teaching assistant job. Other job applications are submitted and under review.
Is my PhD department embarrassed by me?

W

Quote From wing92518:
I graduated in August and have been looking for jobs. After PhD graduation, I can only get a full-time teaching assistant job. Other job applications are submitted and under review.
Is my PhD department embarrassed by me?

In fact, I was lost. I have not published a lot of papers but got associateship in Society of Actuaries.
The fact that I spent a lot of time on looking for job and friends/supervisor start to ignore me exhausts me. It can be a result of being not the most outstanding PhD student.
Thank you for reading my post anyway,

D

I am currently in the same situation as you are. After my graduation in July, I was offered a full-time teaching track position, but it's a three-year contract position with zero chance of transferring to a permanent position or tenure track. Considering my career development, I gave up that offer, and now I am checking all the job posting on linkedin and hoping one company can show me some mercy on interview.
Sometimes when I was in bed and couldn't sleep, I do feel a little regret not accepting that offer.