All sorted now for my PhD finally!!!

E

First post on here! Was interviewed in January for my ideal project at a fantastic institution with a brilliant supervisor and was offered the PhD pretty quickly! So was well chuffed! Have only just been fully admitted due to copious amounts of paper work! What a long and drawn out process. But its all done now, i'm admitted and cant wait to begin in October!

J

Congrats and good luck!

H

congratulations!
I'm just in the first step.I'm looking for a supervisor.do you have any advices to help with the long way before admission..knowing your process is successfuly done;you can talk about your experience.
thanks

V

Oh you lucky thing you! I wish I was in your position! Good luck!

T

Brilliant news!!! Good luck for October

E

Cheers guys

hamid, do you know the particular area you want your PhD in? Thats where i started, looked at what i was passionate about during undergraduate study. Searched on this site, university websites etc, get an idea who's working in those areas. Next step look at the research produced, what work entailed and then make yourself a shortlist. Contact them enquiring about the opportunity of a PhD in their department give them a bit of info about yourself (experience, reason for wanting a PhD). Then hope for the best! When you get to interview, i found preparation key, go through most recent publications, analyse why you want to persue your intended course, come up with possible questions and prepare answers. when you are successful enjoy the heaps of paper work some people (like me) had to complete. And finally breathe and relax before the work starts!

Good luck