Am I delusional?

D

Hiya guys

i've recently been accepted onto a MA cultural studies course. I have enough money for accomodation for the year, and £1000 savings towards fees. The problem is I am unable to work over summer because I broke my ankle, so I guess im asking is it naive for me to think that i can work to pay my fees and study at the same time when i start my course?

Cheers :D

P

I'm just about to complete an arts-based Masters.
I work 7.5 hours (1 day) a week @10£ hour =£3900
You can easily manage it..... I worked bloody hard, but have an 82 average and should easily get a distinction (70+).

V

£10 a hour for a student part time job is unusual and I had no luck finding work at all!

I took out a career development loan to pay for my studies.

A

With a combination of part time work, overdraft, credit card and/or loans you should be able to manage it. It all depends on how much you can earn whilst working part time, and how much your living costs are. I've got £4000 savings and will be workign part time and I'm still going to have to dip into my overdraft and credit cards - but then, I am studying in London (pretty expensive) and have no funding so far.

It is achievable, so Good luck!

D

thanks for the replies! I feel a little bit better now :) During my undergrad i spent a lot of time not studying so i think if i spent that time working the only difference would be i wont be so lazy lol.
Feel a bit more confident that i'll be able to cope.