Annual BPS conference, Birmingham

J

Hi, just wondered if anyone was going to attend this conference over the next few days, and wanted share thoughts, opinions, gossip, which sarnies to avoid etc - would much rather be attending the one in Italy, sadly my uni arent prepared to fund that one, still Birmingham is fairly cosmopolitan these days and I suppose the sun may shine a bit 8-)

K

I happen to know someone who is going, but can't help you anymore than that.

J

No probs, I thought there might be quite a few posters attending the british psychological society's annual conference - never mind.  Anyway it got off to a good start apart from not being able to hear the speakers on account of speaker thingy not turned on and also not being able to see the pp on account of the sun shining on the screen (got there late so had to grab a position at the back), but after that was sorted it was good. I got there late because I got flipping lost, then when I eventually got to the uni, of course the conference is right the other side, a long way; my heels were bleeding (fortunately I had a plaster in my bag for just such an occasion - funny the things us ladies keep in our handbags!); also didnt see any canteens open so I had a twirl for lunch and a twix for tea; very healthy!!!  There is certainly a wealth of information on all areas of health psychology from research methods to new knowledge and new ways of looking at old problems. Well I'm going back tomorrow, getting there early for a seat at the front and looking forward to it :-)

A

Hi,

I've only just seen this. I assume you were at the DHP conference at Aston University? I was there too. Absolutely loved it! Had a lot of fun.

Did you make it to the last day? I stayed in Sumpner Hall all morning and came away feeling more motivated than I have in a long time.

And the key note speakers were all great!

A

J

Hey thats the one, it was great wasnt it.  I also came away really motivated, more focused and with a better idea of how I am going to proceed with my work. I didnt go to the main theatre on the last day, but all the key speakers were recorded, so I will listen/watch them later.  Its a shame they all couldnt be recorded, with such a full timetable, I had to make some difficult choices on which presentations to attend. I see the next years conference is in Belfast, it will be difficult, but I'll be there, not to be missed :-)