Annual report

E

I just got back my annual report with comments.
In my uni all PhD students have to submit a piece of written work, which is assessed by a member of the staff. I submitted my first literature review chapter (I have 2 of them), which includes the theoretical framework of my research. It is a bit general, as the second chapter includes the main studies on my subject.
My supervisors agreed with this structure, and the chapters both have their approval and I considered them as "ready".
But, now the person who assessed my work, made me doubt about all of my work. He has said that this chapter is not connected with the main interest on my research, and that maybe I should just exclude it as it doesn't offer anything.
Personally, I believe that if someone would have the whole thesis in his/her hands, then this chapter would have been perfectly connected with the rest of my work. It is like an introductory theoretical chapter, before moving on to the main theoretical chapter....

What would you do?

J

ignore them. just make a mental note so that you can defend the comments they made if necessary.