Any History/Philosophy/Literature PhDs here?

O

Hi everyone,

As you may know from my earlier post, I am in my first year of a PhD programme, so I am taking some research methods classes this year. For one of these modules, we are conducting a research project on satisfaction with one's PhD experience. This will be an exploratory study, and we have conducted several focus groups before starting to work on our theoretical framework. Unfortunately, neither of our focus groups included history, philosophy or literature PhD students, and we would really like to get a perspective of students of those disciplines. I know it's a lot to ask, but if there's anyone who would be willing to be interviewed or answer a few open-ended, general questions through a message, please do let me know. :-)

Our next step is a survey, and I hope that I'll be able to share the preliminary results with you guys sometime in May.:)

C

You can interview me if I'm suitable. Did my PhD in philosophy and finished in 2010. It was a purely theoretical thesis in the general area of Continental philosophy. I have also since taught the 'Research and Methods' core course to students doing their MA in political theory.