Any PhD position availabe for Computer Network ?

A

Hi All,

I am student of Master of Computer Network Engineering at Halmstad university (Sweden)

I would like to continue my study and my pursue my career choice of becoming a researcher.

I am going to undertake my PhD in Computer Network(Network Protocols, Network Security). I would really appreciate any tips for any current students at the Universities, I wonder if there is any PhD opportunity related to above mentioned topics, I couldn't find anything by myself through searching the Internet.

Kind regards,

A

======= Date Modified 19 Dec 2008 14:28:42 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============

Removed - advertising.

A

thank you very much,

It's a great site, I found a related PhD topic there in Scotland.

Best wishes

A

Hi,

I am an Engineer in Telecom and i have been working in Networking domain for the last 3.5 years now. I want to pursue a PHD in the same field of networking/security and move into research. I m from india and workin in india currently.

Pleas could some1 suggest what and where i could pursue the same.

Thanks & Regards
Arun

C
A

======= Date Modified 06 Jan 2009 09:38:16 =======
Why is it that my post ---Removed, advertising-- was advertising but find a phd posted by an admin isn't?

P

i think its the same organization or partner orgs, you ll find this forum listed on findaphd as well i think..

hmmm...strange though...

M

======= Date Modified 06 Jan 2009 09:38:56 =======

Quote From alice:

Why is it that my post re --Removed, advertising-- was advertising but find a phd posted by an admin isn't?

Findaphd.com is owned by the same company as the one that owns this board.

http://www.findaphd.com/ ...see bottom of page.

A

Is it just me that finds it a little scary that the people who own this forum will use it to advertise themselves, but not allow people to post the names of their competitors? Especially considering the subject content relates to academia, where you would hope the ethics of freedom of speech would be a little more important than commercial interest. Certainly if I went into every thread and wrote jobs.ac.uk even if it didn't relate to the subject then this would be fair enough, but in response to someone's question. Is that not a little over the top?

I'm sure someone will be able to point to the rules of the forum, but I'm talking principles. (And I'm opening a book on how long this post will last before deleted
;-)

J

Good for you Alice! way to go! I think that jobs.ac.uk is a really useful site actually. And there is no such thing as freedom of speech here, that much is clear!!

P

hehe also alice check your first post the actual name of the *offending* website has been "removed by a moderator"...hmmm...

I once had a cell phone crisis and for some reason wasnt being able to make calls from my orange phone to I think another connection, cant remember what. I called up the orange helpline (this was not in the UK) and my my my....the cust service people kept refusing to *utter* the name of that other network, and kept saying so, we r looking into it and you shall soon be able to call "the network with which you are curently facing problems"....

hehe....organizational rules are strange....

J

Hey P'Bug, I wonder if the admins will remove 'Orange' - since that is advertising too, no?

P

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........;-)