Anyone else struggling today?

D

Hey all,

Been in the office since just after 9 and while I should reach my minimum daily target today I feel like I could've done so much more. I slept awfully last night and when I did I obviously slept awkwardly as my one side of my neck is in agony. It is so grey and miserable here and that isn't helping my concentration levels. I'm getting so easily distracted it's ridiculous. :-(

I know we all have those days where work just doesn't happen - thankfully even my supervisor admits to them!! Anyone else having a bad work day today?

xx

S

Can't say I've done much either! Skimmed some papers, modified a few paragraphs of my thesis...could all probably have been done in a couple of hours, but I've been here since 9 too!! Ah well, there's always tomorrow :)

D

Feels like such a waste sometimes though!  I keep saying to myself 'Right I'm going to sit here and finish this paragraph' then a minute later I'm on here or facebook or researching some tiny detail for my thesis that really needs no research!

So nice to know it is not just me! Bring on tomorrow!

L

Well one of my boys is off sick so I've done next to nothing. I dont actually start to Feb but trying to get all my stuff organised.

I did build a desk though.

But still no reading:-(

D

I think building a desk counts as work - it is an essential stage in your PhD journey after all!

T

Don't be so hard on yourself Dr Seeker! If you've reached your target even on a bad day then I'd say cut yourself some slack.

I've been working on yet another of my "quick and simple" experiments....... turns out I have no idea how to analyse it after all and the numbers just won't add up.

R

Try a bad two months :-) Then we'll talk!!

Hope the mood lifts soon!

This will cheer you up

http://www.pink-world.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/pug9.jpg

Always works for me!

D

Teek - that's such a shame! Do you think you can make the numbers work?

Roro - Thank you for the picture - that is one cute puppy!

Have decided to leave a bit earlier today and go out for something to eat tonight. Hubbie's had a bad day at work too so need some down time me thinks

S

I worked on the ontology and epistomology part of my methodology for about half an hour today.....that is all.

I should really be producing a huge mass of words, but I find myself researching other things and not actually writing.

B

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Having a really bad day today- I've managed to do all of my MA assignments that were for modules in term one, and now I've just started a few more modules but we've not got info about those assignments yet...so really what I should be doing is getting on with my dissertation. From 9am-1pm I sat and looked at my computer at home, finding all sorts of reasons why I needed to go on facebook and PGF. Then I decided to nip into town and go to my uni library with the hope of getting more work done...I then sat looking at a computer there for three hours!

I don't know why I can't get motivated today, the doom and gloom weather doesn't help either! I think I'm going to give up and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :(