anyone else writing a paper for publication

J

any else struggling with the final sections of a paper for publication?

T

I am trying to write a couple of papers at the moment.. I think the hardest bit of it is trying to get the complex stuff that you take for granted onto paper in a consise and easy to understand manner!

O

A most useful tool in managing the stages of writing ( of writing anything) is the Flowers Paradigm. Google it and see! It is a simple yet effective way to manage the steps of writing and editing.

M

The "Flowers Paradigm" is metaphysical tosh to my eye, but whatever helps people along...

J

couldn't make sense of it either.

J

I have just sent a draft of my first paper to my supervisor and am awaiting feedback. I agree that trying to write something that is consice and to the point is very difficult. I have a very good supervisor who has a lot of experiance in publishing and what is expected.

R

I think it really helps to be familiar with the journal in which you want to publish. Usually they have a house style. Perhaps look for articles that journal that you feel have a clear structure and see whether you can write your paper along the same line.

L

For me it is not always the writing stage that is so difficult in the publishing processes. It is getting the co-authors to read the paper to stamp their approval before sending the paper to the journal. Anyone else pretty much have to "pull teeth" (haha) to get their supervisors to read their work??? What is the average time you wait?

A

I did google the Flowers Paradigm...and this was the first result that came up! Help, I'm trapped in this infinite loop!