Anyone ever done or seen a PhD...

M

That was specifically geared towards Sports Supplements? I have used the 'find a PhD' thing and nothing came up for supplements, nutrition etc.

Anyone know of universities that have a reputation for focusing on that kind of thing?.... and don't say loughborough! LOL.

P

Thats my kind of field but not heard of anything directly, i know Surrey do sports nutrition research, namely supplements and bone health, or MRC HNR in cambridge maybe?

P

I can't say I know specifically of a uni that does a PhD in sports supplements but I suggest you contact a couple of depts. and see if they are interested. I was going to do a sports science PhD and I know that Exeter and Brunel are two of the top unis for sports science. I just emailed the dept. at Exeter and the head put me onto a great Dr. who was researching in my particular field, very helpful. I am going to be at Brunel now, however and I know they have a good dept. too. I am not going that route any more I am doing a neuroscience PhD using exercise as a factor.
Not sure if this helps but there you go. I didn't mention Loughborough!

M

Cheers guys, thats quite helpful. Since I posed this I found that Prof G Frost at Surrey does some good PhDs. I will take a look at Brunel and Exeter. Thanks!

If anyone hears of other supplement studies, let me know