anyone struggling with getting down to work this summer?

J

hi guys.. work has been going well until recently when i got good feedback from my supervisor and annual review panel.. and took a week off. following that week i have been majorly distracted.. and unable to concentrate. its not helped by the fact that the weather is so good outside. anyone else struggling with this?

i need to put in two solid months to finish a draft of my thesis but instead of concentrating am so stary eyed. any tips?

J

Yup! ...the assumption that you will be working 24 hours/day would be crazy - So work out what time of the day you do things best - I write constructively between the hours of 4 - 7pm for example. If you give yourself a couple of hours of constructive time each day, you'll still have time to do things without having to worry...

S

I'm much the same, we moved house last week, I had my 2nd review on Monday which went very well, and since then I haven't done a thing! Not helped that I'm trying to unpack the house, but I did try and do a little work and just couldn't concentrate. I think I'm also going to have to do a few short bursts a day to get myself back into the swing of things as I'm looking outside thinking how nice it looks out there, looking around the house and wondering how we still have so much to unpack and sort out, and generally my work is the last thing on my mind!

W

I'm very much the same at the moment - I haven't done anything really this past week. Certainly, the nice weather doesn't help either. I just want to be outside and doing other things. Hopefully, I'm just going through one of my phases!

S

Hey, guys! How are you doing now? I'm in your club, too. Had my first internal seminar presentation about 2 weeks ago and ever since have been totally distracted wanting nothing to do regardless of all the deadlines coming up within the next 2-3 months. Only today forced myself to work 3-4 hours, so strange, never had such a burnout before. Hopefully tomorrow will manage more. Wish you good luck!