Application and GRE Test

A

Hi all!
I plane to do my PhD work at an university in Germany in the area of Live Science. It is said about the requirement concerning GRE Test: if available, not mandatory. I think I will be a strong candidate since have essential knowledge and experience BUT worry about GRE Test, in particular about quantitative part of one. Point is that I have forgotten mathematics and can’t without using of calculator.
The question is would my application vastly suffer due to absence of GRE?

I really need now a good advice!
Thanks in advance.

L

Hi Alex,

It's difficult to answer this question as I'm in the UK and we don't (as far as I know!) utilise the GRE. I think you need to direct this question at the university you are applying to, and if it's required then you need to brush up on your maths before the test! Sorry I can't be more helpful!

P

Hi Alex,

I have taken the GRE and honestly it's nothing to worry about. The quantitative section test your ability to spot a problem rather than your maths skills. The math involved is the stuff you would have learned in the early stages of high school, but if you are still worried then ETS ( the board that prepare the GRE) have prepared a book of example papers and pretty much every type of question is in there. (You can get it cheap on Amazon).
Plus, they let you use an on screen calculator during the test!

Hope that helps you!

Y

hiii
this is yashwanth from IIT Bombay. I wanted to know if GRE is really for german univerisites...plz reply

Y

hiii
this is yashwanth from IIT Bombay. I wanted to know if GRE is really for german univerisites...plz reply