Application deadline dates

M

Hello everyone. I have applied for a PhD studentship and have a question concerning dates. If a deadline stipulates 31/08/07 or until post filled, does that mean that they can offer a place before the 30th or that they will extend the application time until a suitable candidate is found? I am new to application process, so sorry if this questions sound trivial. Matilda

J

The deadline in Phd studentships usually means that is the real deadline because most are in high enough demand for them to be able to fill them. Or at least that is my experience of all of the ones that I applied for.

A

Always worth sending it in anyway, or at least contacting the Uni/supervisor to ask if they will accept a late application. If they have received a low number of applications, they are very likely to agree to see yours (I am in this situation currently, as a supervisor rather than an applicant!) Good luck.

M

Hi Everyone. Thanks for the rely. Still another question.what if the ad said until post filled. How long should I wait? This is kind of frustrating all of this waiting. And what about a project that is advertised on two different sites where the deadlines are different. Should I wait for the later deadline to pass before I expect to hear from the supervisor? Has anyone ever applied for projects with deadline like these. Your response will be appreciated. Matilda