Application Form - HELP!

B

In the 'other interests' section, what would you write to make yourself sound like a 'rounded' person. So far I've got ...

Art, Reading, Cinema, Theatre, Music

T

well, that sounds pretty "rounded".. my engineering PhD fellows don't seem to know a fraction of these things. good for you!

J

It does sound really good- What about personal fitness or walking. Often people associate physically active people with proactivity in the workplace/(study place?). Maybe something like Politics or Philosopy too. Dont lie tho because the people interviewing you will know how to 'read' people, and will see straight through you x

A

When putting these sorts of extra-curricular interests on application forms, I've always been told that it's wise to give real examples, rather than just listing generic pass times. For example, what type of reading do you do, are there particular areas of art that you're interested in, what forms of theatre do you enjoy? By fleshing it out a bit (even just a sentence or two) can make it reflect you more, so it doesn't sound like you're just putting down things that you think look good on a form (which people do, and those looking at the app forms are aware of).