Application Woes!

F

Hi all

Well, after your fabulous advice a few months ago I have decided to apply for the EdD at Exeter University on a part time system for 6 years. So, I have written my research proposal (500 word limit) which my supervisor from my Masters has helped me with but now the application is asking for "a brief statement explaining your reasons for undertaking the EdD and how it will like with your professional practice." This is the bit I'm a bit stuck on. I have written the main reasons I want to do it so I've included that I think my area of research will benefit my school and hopefully educational thinking on a wider level. I've also added that I want to do it out of curiosity and interest and the fact that I'm a really hard worker so I think I could manage the workload. I also added my long term career goals and stated how I think the EdD will benefit my long term plan. However, this only comes to 350 words so I'm not sure I've written enough. Does anyone have any idea how much you think I should be writing for this section? Do you think what I've written about is what they're looking for?
I've now set my heart on completing the EdD so I really don't want to mess it up at the application stage!

Thanks in advance for any replies

feelingfestive

R

A little late, but I'll bump anyway - can anyone offer advice?

S

To mis-quote President Kennedy - ask not what the university can do for you, but what you can do for the university - your reasons are sound, but what about the uni point of view - how you'll add to their knowledge base, reputation, etc.