Article Request from Current Protocols in Neuroscience (Wiley)

E

Title : Rodent Models of Depression: Learned Helplessness Induced in Mice
Authors : Hymie Anisman & Zul Merali
Journal : Current Protocols in Neuroscience
Publication Date : 2001
Citation : Anisman H,Merali Z. (2001). Rodent Models of Depression: Learned Helplessness Induced in Mice. Curr Protoc Neurosci. Published Online.
Direct Link : "http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/0471142301.ns0810cs14/abstract"
Abstract :
Uncontrollable stressors induce a variety of behavioral disturbances that are in many ways reminiscent of the symptoms that characterize clinical depression. These deficits are evident across a range of species, including mice. Given the increasing focus on genetic techniques involving mice to identify the mechanisms subserving these behavioral disturbances (e.g., recombinant, knockout, and transgenic strains), it is of particular interest to provide a detailed description of the method to induce behavioral deficits in response to uncontrollable stressors. This unit describes the procedure used to assess the effects of controllable and uncontrollable shock on subsequent shock escape performance in mice using an escape-delay procedure.

A

Um I'm not quite clear - are you looking for this article? If so I can send it to you if you pm me an email address

E

I'm grateful to "rab285" for kind aid.

A

okay, now I'm totally lost :(

R

Me too! Eading, do you need this article? Ady can send to you if send him your email address in a private message.

E

Both rab285 (firstly) and ady sent the article... My thanks for both...

R

Oh I see! Lovely helpful forum members :)