Awkward situation with team-mate!

L

You haven't left this website up on your pc at work any time recently have you? You know, so that a certain someone would know your username and possibly be looking out for posts like this so they can step in and tell you it's all your fault? ;-)

There's not much you can do. Getting into a relationship with him when you weren't interested would've been more trouble than the rejection's been. He's behaving like a spoilt child who's been told he can't have the toy he wants - if he causes problems for your research, then you need to look out for number one and if that means supervisory intervention so be it. It's his problem, don't let it be yours as well and jeopardise your PhD as a result.

D

Sadly, in Today's Society There Are People Who Assume They Can Get Away Using & Abusing Other People. The Ones Who Use Others As A Ladder & Play With Their Emotions Selfishly. That Annoys Me Very Very Much. Definitely I Am Not That Guy..LOL. I Have A Courage to Live With My Weaknesses Without Blaming Others...There Are Few Here Who Do Not Even Know How To Discuss Matter Like Grown Ups and Bring Personal Stuff :-( Like PHD_BUG

A

======= Date Modified 29 Apr 2010 16:21:31 =======
Aww dispatcher, poor old phdbug is slogging away at a conference in Germany and hasn't even commented on this thread!  I'm sure you're referring to Phd_Sumg there, perhaps if you spelled or wrote properly you might avoid future misunderstandings. Also, it is considered impolite to use poor grammar, spelling and use 'text speak' even on internet forums, and your regular appalling use of English irritates me greatly.  As does your consistent sniping at Keenbean on this thread; it is very clear from the original post this is not a situation she has chosen to get herself involved in and she has done as much as she can to alleviate the situation without bringing in her supervisor or other team members. Finally, regarding one of your most recent comments on the thread, I think Keenbean should be allowed to choose whomever she likes to have as her boyfriend/husband (with agreement from the lucky chap of course ;-) )  without any ill-informed comments from yourself

P

I am smug! not bug!

D

Sorry Phdbug! I was def referring to the Santa down there bearing strong resemblance with your name. I was just putting forward a possible Compromise/Option.

K

Quote From Dispatcher:

Sadly, in Today's Society There Are People Who Assume They Can Get Away Using & Abusing Other People. The Ones Who Use Others As A Ladder & Play With Their Emotions Selfishly.

Is that aimed at me Dispatcher? Or is that just a general insult to others who have posted on this thread?

Thanks everyone else for your support- I posted because I was really in need of some advice on the situation and it is obviously very awkward to speak to people at work about it. I certainly hadn't anticipated causing this much fuss and attracting so many negative comments from a certain poster which I feel are undeserved in the circumstances. Best, KB

B

======= Date Modified 29 Apr 2010 16:38:55 =======

Quote From Dispatcher:

@KB OK Nevermind...He seems to be a Nice Blike 4U, One day not very far from now you will be someones gf/wify not just for his happiness but 4urs 2. Then why not that guy..you liked him despite all the warnings, he wants to be with you, you are both destined to b docs..bright future aye ;-) What are you scared off?

Use proper English, I can't stand that damn text speak, it really pisses me off and makes you seem like an idiot.

B

Quote From Dispatcher:

Sadly, in Today's Society There Are People Who Assume They Can Get Away Using & Abusing Other People. The Ones Who Use Others As A Ladder & Play With Their Emotions Selfishly. That Annoys Me Very Very Much. Definitely I Am Not That Guy..LOL. I Have A Courage to Live With My Weaknesses Without Blaming Others...There Are Few Here Who Do Not Even Know How To Discuss Matter Like Grown Ups and Bring Personal Stuff :-( Like PHD_BUG

You annoy me

D

@BennyHill Do not try to Gang Up and Repeat My Mistake that Others had already Pointed out That Would Portray You As A Bully.
@KeenBean That is No Way an Insult To Anyone But A Disease in Society Needed 2Be Cured. It is ur choice which way you take it.

D

Quote From bennyhill:

You annoy me

Surely It Will..If you think the wrong way as well. Coz Truth is Bitter.(up)

K

You know what Dispatcher- your posts are actually just making me laugh right now, I don't think I can actually take anything you say seriously so I'm going to quit paying attention to them. Thanks again everyone else for your advice, best, KB.

M

Dispatcher, what are you on about?  Keenbean has made it quite clear that she doesn't want a relationship with this guy. She has let him down as gently as she could and is trying not to get her supervisor involved.  But she still needs to work with him on a professional level, which is difficult because of his behaviour. What else is she supposed to do?  I can't see how Keenbean has done anything wrong in this situation.

D

Quote From keenbean:

You know what Dispatcher- your posts are actually just making me laugh right now, I don't think I can actually take anything you say seriously so I'm going to quit paying attention to them. Thanks again everyone else for your advice, best, KB.

I understand What Gordon said yesterday was unfair, but in your case that would have been a 100% Truth.

D

@MoonBlue I suggested she can solve the problem by Involving a Mutual Friend. Def It is her Choice. Involve the Supervisor if you have any Sympathy with that Guy, That will actually make him feel Stronger about himself. He must have been feeling Bullied. I Apologize if you have misunderstood me and being mistreated. If that continues I will def will never come in this forum again...

D

======= Date Modified 04 May 2010 10:53:14 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============

I understand What Gordon said yesterday was unfair, but in your case that would have been a 100% Truth.

Gareth - what are you doing being naughty on internet forums again? You haven't finished colouring in the picture of the conical flask I ask you to do and you haven't fed the lab rats - again! You'll never get your phd at this rate. Carry on like this and I won't be letting you play on the internet. Now go stand in the corner and face the wall.