Becoming Organized or Avoiding Another Avalanche

O

What method do people use to organize their research materials, meanining, books, articles, etc? Having just survived another impressive avalanche of materials, I am thinking about what I can do. I am in an office that has limited options for me, its essentially borrowed space, so I am not in much of a position to make waves about storage--and I have it to myself! Other than (un) tidy piles of things, what sort of organizing methods do people use? Before, at home, I had all sorts of storage room, and now am trying to figure out a new system...

C

I am think i need help in that department too I am beginning to acquire so much material that if i do not put them in some order i am going to get lost.

J

I had the same problem. My department originally tolerated an allocated workplace for me in a room in the basement, room as big as a standard living room, 20 doctoral students, each one allocated a 50 centimetre slot on a very long table. less space than in the London Underground Central Line in rush hour and probably the same noise levels. So I eventually decided to put a desk and a computer and loads of bookshelves into my one bedroom, shared showers, toilets and kitchen "flat". Which was ultimately the right decision. No disruptions apart from this forum. Although I basically have to climb over the bed in order to get to the desk and back out of the room.