BIG HAIR IS BACK!

O

Oh this makes my day, to read that BIG HAIR IS BACK! Big crimped hair! Hair that stands out more than it is long! Hair that is curly, cork screwed, big and puffy! Oh yes! You see--this is the natural style of my hair--give it its own way and it will turn presto into 80's big hair, and I don't have to do a thing! No more battling it into a smooth mane with fringe...no...I will be able to have 80s big hair again! In the 80s, when there was 80s big hair, I had the best big hair there was. I cannot believe in looking back I dared to leave the house looking like that, but at the time I thought I was oh so stylish!

S

I want a huge body perm. The great thing about this hair is not only do you attract lots of attention (!?!) but because its so big it makes your body look smaller! No need to diet.

B

Ahh the 80's and big hair! I was a hairdresser back then and would go through tins of hairspray a week. What was great then was in the mornings. Just peel the pillowcase from the heavily lacquered fringe tip the head upside down, spray hairspray on the roots within an inch of it's life and hey-ho your ready to go. (sideways out of the door)!

Memories!

O

My hair is really thick, but it grows out instead of down...If it grew down as much as it grew out, I would have long hair, as it is I just have BIG hair by nature. In the 80's, I had to do nothing to get the big hair look--just take a shower, walk outside with wet hair, and instant gorgeous big hair!!!! My current hair tries to pretend to be straight ( oh why do we do this to ourselves, fightining nature), but let it get caught in a rainstorm or even a particularly damp day, and it starts to kink and get big. My faux Jennifer Aniston flatironed hair look starts to edge into BIG HAIR!

R

My hair is big too!!! I very rarely straighten it though - first of all because it takes about 2 HOURS - second because if even a drop of rain falls it turns to instant afro... and remember that I live in Ireland so lots of rain around!!!

I saw something recently about big hair being back - was it in Grazia? Something about crimping hair and then brushing it... well I for one won't be doing that! It's bloody big enough already lol!!!

S

Do we also have to have the obligatory "statement" jewellery (a la Pat Butcher earrings)? All that weight on your head can't be good if you're trying to read.

O

The weight on your head, aka earrings and hair, help you take naps, by encouraging your head to bend on to your desk.

P

if big hair is back that savesme 20mins a day with the fliping straightners!!!!

O

a great article in the Daily Mail about Big Hair! Oh the 80's--the shoulderpads, and yes, using a coat hanger to do up the zipper in your jeans...those were the days!

J

Nooo, no no no no no no nooo....