Bioinformatics/array question

I have a large set of results from some samples run on a microarray to show induction/suppression of levels of a large number od microRNAs in response to certain conditions, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any free net-based programs which are good at taking this data and condensing it into something more easy to work with. As it is, I'm looking at each of the 600-odd microRNAs separately, and then looking at which genes each of the microRNAs affect, and it's like trying to find the haystack in which the needle's buried before even beginning to look for the needle...

Any help much appreciated...

4Matt

J

Try Acuity from Molecular Devices. You can do a bunch of statistical and clustering analysis with it. It's not free but there is a 30 days trial demo version available. I managed to do my analysis within that time, and you can still keep your results afterwards. It's been a while since I used it so I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, might be too much for what you need... but as I remember it, you can upload any text file into it so it's pretty versatile.

E

Matt

Do you know any programming languages? For what you are trying to do, I would start with Python or R.

Ejc