Books

M

Dear All,

Can you guys list the name of all the 'good' books you think have helped or are still helping you throughout your PhD?

Anything on statistics, viva, thesis writing, presentation, exam preparation or anything else you can think of would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

P

Didnt you ask this some days ago, where Joyce replied with the names of some books... or was it someone else? In any case you may find some stuff in the threads and also in the long thread called Tips List

M

No, I didn't ask at all... must be someone else!

S

someone posted a youtube video on the forum recently that was really useful. It was concerned with writing tips.

D
B

MH,
From a person who has learned from mistakes, if it is writing there are several texts, such as "The Elements of Style" by Strunk & White, but nearly everyone who has made the same mistake as me (2.5 years in and looking like only over halfways :-( ) , get writing to apply all the tips and get constructive feedback. It doesn't need to be from your supervisor, who maybe too busy (maybe a friendly post-doc or other friends in your dept.)
Sorry this doesn't directly answer your question, but building up an arsenal of texts is no good unless applying it, and for all I know, you are already doing this (if so, fair dues and keep up the work).