Can I join your gang!!

P

Hello, I posted a while ago when I was unsure about undertaking a PHD. Well...... Ive been thinking about it now weighing up pros and cons and Im going for it. I'm not sure what to expect however i do expect it will be frustrating and hard work! I will have opportunities to teach as well which should be good. Overall I just want to say I'm excited at this prospect!! and Im glad to be one of you guys! I hope all goes well and I hope all is going well for you guys and hopefully you will be hearing from be a lot more as Im sure il be looking for some advice!

I have experienced a lot of negative stigma for my choice already as people see it as a return to uni but how can it be a cop out to go back and study at the highest academic level!? I look forward to this challenge! (up)

A

Welcome to the forum Phdskallie! I'm sure it's only people who don't understand what the PhD is fully about or they wouldn't be giving you stick about it, but never mind! It will most certainly be frustrating and hard work however! ;-)

All the best of luck!