Career without PhD - if to quit PhD

P

Hello everyone! What kind of position could one get in biotech - Canada or elsewhere- without Phd (but having a MSc)?
I am also considering quitting PhD, dont see how this sup could ever lead me to graduation with his ideas. Also there is not enough freedom for me to then pursue the research the way I would find reasonable. In addition he has extremely bad people skills, i see profs dropping out the project or getting into "Cold War" with him one after another, due to his undiplomacy.To add, he is new, hasnt yet proved himself, hasn't had any phd to graduate yet. So seems to be no go.

I don't agree with all those academics here saying don't give up, push on. Life is short and if a PhD is too depressing, one should not spend the time for that. i see far too many disillusioned people around here, everybody automatically following the same "right" track and not being happy. The other issue is, if the PhD is at least most of the time interesting, fun and you feel you really want to work on that and see where you want to go with it. I was so enthusiastic in the beginning, but encountering these weird ignorant and sometimes dictator-sups really has brought me down. I mean, I am a hard-worker, and am not afraid of technical difficulties. But I can't stand nonsense and wasting resources, incl. animals for questionable "science", and not being able to improve it since supervisor governs the resources.
I got a scholarship for 4 year phd research which i can move to similar topic if i want. thinking now, what to do with it, try 1 more lab and sup? (since i already quitted one degenerative lab before the current one). I am not afraid of work, I like to work, but I want to work for something which makes sense and makes the world a better place, not just after wasting years, money, animals issues a PhD.

G

Listen to your gut. If you're not liking it, then think seriously about alternatives. Life's too short to be doing something you don't want to!