Check This Out

P

Great Resource:

http://dmst.aueb.gr/dds/res/phd/indexw.htm

Innit? :)

S

Oh I could waste hours on there. I've seen some of the stuff before. Scroll down to the '9 types of principal investigator'. Which one is your supervisor? Mine is a Demi-God, and yes, I very rarely actually see him and then it's short.

S

Thanks :-) I had to leave it or I'd get NOTHING done today - really good resource that now happily resides in my favourites!

P

Oh you guys, you are such serious students! I have actually been getting nothing done today (and tomorrow is my graduation ceremony yippeee!!)

But did you read the story of Professor Hackles at the end? OMG I died laughing...

More, excellent procrastination resources!!!!! LOL 8-) I think I may take a water gun into my viva

S

I just couldn't stop laughing at the 189 things (not) to do - I can't wait now for the viva to try some out - think I might start practicing and seeing what works at the board meeting next month lol lol lol lol:p

S

Oh, and i hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow Phdbug :-) mine isn't until July!!!! Maybe you should use the sweep in as Tarzan suggestion lol lol lol - oh dar, I must stop looking at those, i keep snorting to myself - I think my brain has finally gone - I love the idea of doing it as a greek tragedy!

P

Thanksss Stresssed!

I bought a new skirt, new shoes, new top, some make up, and my graduation attire is sooooo regal in gold and balck and stufff and I have a distinction!!!!!! YEAHHHH

M

PhDBug you are a star!!! Cheers for the link!! I have been in absolute stitches the past 10 minutes, reading the "189 things not to do at your Viva",

Thought I would share some of my favourites here:

Musical accompaniment provided by..."
"You call THAT a question? How the hell did they make you a professor?"
"Please phrase your question in the form of an answer..."
"And now, a word from our sponsor..."
"Yo, a smooth shout out to my homies..."
" Pass the collection basket.
"There will be a short quiz after my presentation..."
Rent a billboard on the highway proclaiming "Thanks for passing me Professors X,Y, and Z" - BEFORE your defense happens.
Have a make-your-own-sundae table.
Make committee members wear silly hats.
"I'm sorry Professor Smith, I didn't say 'SIMON SAYS any questions?'.
"OK, everybody - heads down on the desk until you show me you can behave."
Have everyone pose for a group photo. .
Mention your professor as "my helper."
Say that you'd like to thank a few people. Pull out the White Pages. Start reading.
Dress in a Wild West style. .
Preface with the story of your life.
Have someone wheel in a big cake with you in it. Jump out and begin.
This defense has been sponsored by the fine people at (your favorite corporation)..." When a professor asks you a question, argue with your imaginary twin over the final answer.
Videotape it ahead of time, and get someone set it up to show. Come in the back and sit there. When your tape is done, ask for questions. In person.
Plead the fifth ammendment if you can't answer a question.
Limit the number of questions that you will allow, and then when the limit is almost reached, go into aerobics terminology... four more...three more...two more..and...rest.
Roll credits at the end.
Bring a microphone. Point it at the questioner, talk-show style.

P

hehehhe yes, but gimme a star someoneee on another thread you made!!!!

lollolol

pl read professor heckles...or hackles on that page

S

Yay - sounds soooo good, I remember doing all that with the clothes and makeup for the BA graduation - I'm looking forward to July when I can do it again - have fun!!! xxx

lol lol, yes, I read the professor hacker or whatever his name is one - that is soooo good - I still can't stop laughing though at the 189 things - that is pure class!

P

You know it feels soo weird to write "thanks stressed"...change your name or something nah???

You arent stressed now (touchwood) so pick a nice and sunny name like ....uhhhmm....Honeybee or Sparkle or something

(okay now do you see how excited i am over graduation! Oh silly me, they shud send me back to the MSc class)