comfort drinking tea

C

For four years I had braces, and a perfectionist Orthodontist.

I was left with straight teeth that were pearly white, but now constant cups of tea have stained them horribly. I can imagine my orthodontist with his clipped Geman accent vividly now, chastising me!

I am on my third cup of tea today, and it is 11:30 am, sigh. I am working until midnight tonight on a paper so, at least 5 more...

What to do...sigh.

S

Drink through a straw!

C

I thought it was people without teeth than drank through straws!

R

Go get them cleaned... and then start using 'Pearl Drops' or something from now on. Problem solved

S

When was the last time you went to see a dental hygienist for a scale and polish? Think it might be time!

S

Don't feel bad- I havn't been to a dentist since I was a child! (Due to my parents hating the dentist) My teeth were always fairly straight but my second lot of wisdom teeth have started making the front ones wonky! I have no fillings and never had any pain with them though so that has to be a good thing? Am gonna have to bite the bullet and go soon...

C

Hygenist time I think.

P

I have the same problem with tea drinking ... nothing a scale and polish can't fix

C

Sillybilly - I totally understand. I had trigeminal neuralgia in the past (induced by braces!) so hated people poking around in my mouth.

I'll have to bite the bullet too!

O

I go to the dentist every 6 months for check ups, xrays, cleaning and polish. This is in the US. Normally the prevention stuff is covered by insurance 100%. I will have to pay out of pocket for my next US dental visit this summer, but even at that, I think I was told about £50, which is well worth it. I went awhile without going to the dentist, and when I went in I was horrified, I had to get two fillings, a root canal and a crown--and I was not having pain or problems. Lack of pain or lack of problems does NOT mean your teeth and gums are not having issues. That was such a wake up call that now I get to the dentist like clockwork.

H

I drank honey and lemon (once) for a cold and it cleaned my tea mug up a treat - from brown and 'orrible to gleaming pearlescent in one easy step. How about trying the same thing - gargle with honey & lemon for 2 minutes.
...though it might erode yer teeth a bit...

C

Hmm, hypothesis - pearly whites v erosion. I'm trying the honey. All surface, no feeling!

Hmm. No honey in the cupboard - maybe Lyle's Golden Syrup will work?

M

I drink tea like there's no tomorrow and I find that using a decent electric toothbrush with the special plastic bristles on got rid of all my horrible tea stains.
Still too scared to visit the dentist though, aside from the fact I can't actually afford a visit

O

This being the only smiley to show its pearly whites--must represent someone at the dentist--the expression is right. Flossing is also really really key to dental health, according to my dentist.Brushing alone is not considered enough. What is the situation of getting to a dentist in the UK ( asking out of curiousity, not that I am in need of one at the moment)? Is it an NHS covered service?

S

I'm on coffee 7 since this morning - I never even drank coffee before I started writing up - now I can't get enough - I think its just a bad habbit