Comic Relief - journal editor

D

Thought I'd post a bit about my day..I'm deep in the middle of my qualifying exams, which luckily for my program is a series of take home questions that require exceedingly long (journal article length) answers, and then an oral defense, but still about 2/3 done - and feeling like I'm at a good writing clip, actually feeling confident - when I get a reply today from a journal regarding an article I sent in. After revising & resubmitting - now three times - exactly as per their recommendations, they have decided the article is no good, and I really need to get native speaker in English to review it before resubmitting. Evidently being monolingual in English for all my 40 years isn't cutting it.

C

d'OH! I know a journal who asked for more blood protein related articles, then rejected a journal my friend sent in on exactly what they wanted.
I wouldn't worry, a lot of journals get rejected.

V

Oh, yes, it is quite random what they accept or not. For my paper we got two referees saying: billiant! and one who did not like the design on the study and still got rejected:(((

J

Same here. And so called "expert" referee who mis-spelled all the important chemical names.

D

It brings such perspective to one's day. But nothing that some nutella and a beer - plus a great pep talk from my 11 year old - didn't solve. It will just go to another (more deserving) journal. Interestingly, these reviewers must use a voice recognition software or transcriptionist for their reviews, because some of it made no sense, including this last one; grammatically, it very poorly written with some words out of context. Perhaps if they reviewed their reviews than those of us receiving them could more accurately meet their recommendations...