Considering a Masters Course

C

Hi, I graduated this year with 2.1 BA in Creative Writing and want to pursue this subject further, as I really enjoyed it. I'm currently temping in a really awful office job but my plan is to stick it out for a year or two to save up. I also want to move away for the Masters as I've never lived away before and would love to try it! I plan to support myself through part time work while studying.

Has anyone done a similar thing and is it doable? I'm a bit weary of looking at loans etc.

J

i did - supported myself thro my masters. tho i did the moving away bit for my first degree. took my kids and moved many counties away. they are settled and i finished both bachelors and masters. i did support myself and im doing same for my PhD i start in a couple of weeks (jan). so...is doable (up)

E

Well, I did two masters in UK and I am from another country. For the first one my parents helped with the fees but the second one was all mine (I'm not sure that this is a correct expression!!!)
During the second one and now that I've started a PhD I'm working full-time as an Educational Assessor for children with special needs.
So, I think that if you want it it is doable