Consumer Behavior Research

P

Hey Everyone :-)
I have narrowed down consumer behavior as my research interest, and in particular i was looking at post purchase behavior to focus my research on!
Any ideas about where i can get hold of research articles and arrive at a concrete research question, so that i can start preparing my research proposal :-) (i would really appreciate it if you can share some research topics any of you may be doing a PhD in, so i can get a idea about what kind of research is in progress currently)
If you have any suggestions about any other areas in consumer behavior please fell free to share.

J

Well I would try by doing a literature search on one of the subject or publisher databases (or even google scholar) - or are you asking us to do that for you?

And then when you have done the literature search you can read the literature, identify the gaps and then come up with YOUR research question. We all (well those of us who are mid way through) have our own research topics; similarly you need to come up with your own. Or do you want us to do that for you as well?

In fact why don't I do a literature search, come up with a research question, write a proposal, undertake some research, write it up in a thesis, sit a viva, make the ammendments for you? Oh because that would make it MY PhD and not YOURS.

P

Jepsonclough: Hey Thanks for the help, but you got me all wrong there, its just that i was not sure how to start my search for a specific topic in consumer behavior.
when i said the topics you may be doing research on i meant to share the general area in consumer behavior that you may be working on just so i have an idea of what areas are being researched on at present in the field!
By no way did i imply to be presented with a ready made research question or literature reviews as I'm very well aware of the fact that it will be 'MY' PhD not 'Anybody else's'

A

C'mon Phd99, you've got to make more effort: what aspect of post-purchase consumer behaviour? Customer satisfaction, post-purchase referral, brand loyalty....generic "consumer behaviour" is way too vague. Go and think about what aspects of consumer behaviour interest you, then get back to us.

W

Can I ask what your background is, Phd99? Do you have an undergrad or postgrad degree related to the area you're going to research?