Dear Doctor(ate)

M

My Dear Doctorate,

I am sorry to have to write this, but I feel that we need some clarity in our relationship. 

You seem to think you own me, that you can continuously make me anxious, stressed, bored, frustrated (and happy)...but here's the thing. I own you!  I started you, and I can finish you (at what ever stage I choose).

You ARE part of my life, but please remember you have don't really have an equal share. My friends, family, relationship and interests all are much more important than you.  I won't put my life on hold for four years just for you. Your are most welcome to stay with me, but why bring along all this stress?...pull your Frick*n head in!

Essentially, you are just another qualification (although of a high calibre). I did not expect you to be an easy companion, that's why I asked you to come along, to keep me challenged and to enable me to try something new. I know I am not the best student, that there are brighter folk out there, but I am trying really hard!  And that is all I can do. It really is much easier if you accept this. I won't give in, so stop trying to break me!

Please remind yourself who is in control here, it is me-not you. Try to be productive my dear Doctorate. Drop all those negative feelings, they are not helpful and make you poor friend and colleague.  But above all, if I quit, the world keeps turning and the sun rises, and the sun sets. Please keep your perspective.

So finally, my dear Doctorate, pull your head our of your behind and be happy than you exist in my life and accept the share of my life that I allow you to exist in. We can be great, me and you, but do try to remember that we have a hierarchy in my world.

Yours Sincerely,

Your BOSS.
:-s

C

Good one, Milo :-)

P

What a great post :-)

D

Love it! A very true reflection.

oh you have to put this in your thesis!

S

Nice...8-)